The Lord’s Vine is part of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, a world wide Christian Organization established since 1952. Our mission at The Lord’s Vine is that we desire to be an all-inclusive congregation.
We would share the faith of Christ in the ways in which all people from all cultures and nations can relate and effectively be inclusive. The content of the gospel of Christ will not in any way or form change, but the style in which it is shared may be modified from time to time to allow people of all cultures, ages and classes to benefit. The goal and aspiration of each and every member of The Lord’s Vine is “becoming like Jesus” – John 13:15 in every aspect of our lives. We want to reach God for people through worship, prayer and intercession and bring people to God through prayer, the study of the word of God and fellowship.
Means of Achievement – As a caring and loving church, that proclaims the whole word of God, we propose to make disciples of Jesus Christ by:-
Exalting…God in praise and worship. Encouraging….members in their walk with God. This occurs in our worship services, Sunday Schools and at any time we meet, whether formally or informally.
Equipping…members for ministry. We do not believe in spectator Christianity. We desire that every Christian have to get involved in reaching and helping others for Christ.
Evangelizing… our community for Christ. We have a sense of urgency to obey Jesus’ command to “go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature”. We encourage Christians to share the good news of God’s love at every opportunity. The Lord’s Vine supports home and foreign missionaries in their effort to proclaim the gospel.
Serving the community….. To serve our neighbors and the community at large in the ways that will make positive and eternal impact.
Meeting real needs… To celebrate and share the faith in practical and understanding ways and in the form that will meet people’s real needs and aspirations. We shall always speak the language of today’s culture. Finally our aim is to make heaven, change destinies and effectively impact our world. Our working tools will always be the word of God, prayers, love and hospitality. We are very glad to have you on our site and we trust that you will be richly blessed as you go through.
You are important to God and to us. What you are is God’s gift to you and what you become is your gift to God. We want to take you as you are and help you by his grace to become what God wants you to be. We cannot change what you are but certainly we can be a godly influence in what you become. There are three things to consider:
- What you become is your choice- there is a power that you have that no man on earth can take from you. It is the power of your will. This confers on you the ability to choose. Your choice is a function of your will. We want you to know from the onset that whatsoever you become in this church or your personal life is primarily your choice.
2. What you become is your responsibility- “But let each one examines his own work and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load”(Gal.6:4-5). Whatever you become, be ready to take responsibility for it. Do not become what you cannot take responsibility for.
3. What you become will affect others- You can motivate and challenge others by what you become. Similarly, you can discourage and embitter others by your life. “Then the Lord said to Satan, have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil”(Job1:8). Like Job, we believe God can be proud of you too.
In becoming what God want you to be, you will need:
- Consecration- Make or declare yourself sacred because you belong to God.“ I beseech you brethren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice…….”(Rom12:1). This you will do by daily yielding yourself to God in prayer and in the studying of the Bible.
- Dedication- By devoting yourself wholeheartedly to God and to His service. This does not imply that you will have to become ordained as a minister; rather it means that God and things of God will take first priority in your heart.
- Commitment- You will have to engage yourself or be obligated to a specific cause/work in the service of God. Lack of commitment may result in backsliding. Find something in the church to expend your God-given talent on so that you can be a blessing to others.
We stretch our right hand of fellowship to you and invite to come boldly to the throne of grace of God where you can receive mercy and obtain grace that will help you in the time of need. Now is your set time to become what God wants to you to be. I believe strongly that your waiting is over. The time of bad news of pain, disappointments, failures and delays are over. The Lord is eagerly waiting to usher you in to an era of success and cause you to lay hold of the His glorious promises. Now is the time to possess your possession.
Remain blessed .
Pastor Ade Oluwayinka (Head Pastor)